2020 MD60 CONVENTION PIN DESIGN COMPETITION
2020 MD60 CONVENTION PIN DESIGN RULES
Please read ALL the following information carefully before commencing the design of the pin to avoid being disqualified.
The Lions and Leos of Barbados will be hosting the 40th MD60 Convention in Bridgetown,
Barbados May 13-17, 2019. The hosting of this convention also coincides with the
Government of Barbados, 2020 Vision strategy.
We are hoping that our theme embraces vision and Helen Keller’s call to Lions to be the knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness. Therefore, the pin design should reflect creativity highlighting vision, sight, service and unity.
The pin design competition is open to all Leos of Multiple District 60. The winning design will become the official pin for the 2020 MD60 Convention. The pin will be produced by the Organizing Committee of the 2020 MD60 Convention. All designs submitted should be appropriate for use on a pin. All entries must follow the rules as directed below, and all entries submitted become the property of the Organizing Committee.
The competition is open to all Leos who are members of an Omega or an Alpha Leo Club, sponsored by a Lions Club in Subdistrict 60A or Subdistrict 60B. Membership in the Leo Club will be verified via MyLion (the name must appear on the register). Only one entry /design pin per Leo is permitted.
MATERIALS AND SPECIFICATIONS
All entries to the competition must comply with the following materials and specifications or they will be disqualified:
- All designs must be completed in colour.
- Entries must be created in a software that can be converted in an image that can be reviewed in any of the Microsoft products. Hand drawn designs are not accepted.
- The artwork submitted must be no smaller than:
1 inch by 1 inch (2.54 centimetres by 2.54 centimetres)
The artwork submitted must be no larger than:
1.5 inches by 1.5 inches (3.81 centimetres by 3.81 centimetres)
The artwork does not have to be square, nor to this exact dimension.
- Dimensions of the pin when produced will be approximately 1 inch tall by the necessary width.
- The entry must include the following wording:
a. 2020 MD60 Convention
b. May 13 – 17, 2020
c. Leo & Lion Logos
- All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
- Please label the entry with the following details:
a. Leo’s name
b. Leo Club Name
c. Email Address
d. Contact number(s)
- The Leo must keep a copy of his or her original design until the results are announced. Upon notification, the winner will be required to submit his or her artwork in the native software file to the organizing committee.
- The Organizing Committee retains the right to make modifications to the final design as necessary to produce a pin.
- Incomplete entries or those that do not comply with the above requirements will be disqualified.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
All entries will be judged by the Organising Committee or a subcommittee appointed by the Organizing Committee. The winner of the competition will be announced on October 15, 2019.
- Announcement of the winner at the MD60 Mid-Year Conference, Kingston, Jamaica
- The winner will receive a full payment of their registration fee for the MD60 Convention.
- Complimentary sample of the pin that is produced.
- Recognition of the winner via social media and Subdistrict 60A / 60B websites.
- Recognition at the 2020 MD60 Convention.
Lion Jefferson Kirton
Lions Clubs of Zone 3A (Barbados)